Saturday, December 5, 2009

God is good, all the time.

The last week has been the hardest of my life. I hope I won't have many more like this, but I know God puts situations in your life for a reason. Last Saturday on November 28, I got a call around 11:45am from josh's boss, letting me know that he had fallen off a work truck and hit his head. He was bleeding in a few places, and that I needed to come to Advanced Auto. I flew into a panic, thinking the worst. Is he conscious? Will he have brain damage? Will he bleed to death? As I seemed to catch every red light on Atlanta Highway, my mind flooded with emotions. But as I drew closer to my destination, a calm ran over me. Everything will be fine. God is in your presence. He was and is always. We rushed Josh to the ER to find out he had two bleeds on his brain, and needed to see a neurosurgeon. That was the only time I broke down. We spent the next 6 days in Baptist South Hospital, three of those in SICU (surgical intensive care unit), mostly for observation but insanely scary nonetheless. They wanted him there in case the bleeds got worse and had to do surgery. Thankfully no surgery was needed, he went to a regular room on Tuesday, and was released on Friday evening. This whole experience has brought me closer to God, and made me realize how desperately I love my husband. Also how out-of-control and helpless I really am. Josh is at home now, and continues to improve daily. There will be more rough days ahead, but I am confident to face them knowing I have Josh with me, and my all-knowing, all-powerful God on my side. God is good, all the time.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a terrible time for you, but it does my heart so much good to know that your faith is strong and getting stronger with the hard times. And I am so happy to see Josh getting better and better. God is there for you. And so is Daddy! I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete